Drs Gallardo and Lamas are proud to announce that the PerioLase Laser has arrived in the City of Miami. Similar to what LASIK did for eye problems, this patented and FDA cleared laser therapy allows us to treat periodontal patients with a minimally invasive breakthrough procedure. For the first time, Laser Periodontal Therapy™ is available for our patients otherwise facing gum surgery for periodontal disease.
If you’re like millions of other Americans, you could be one of more than 75% of Americans who have periodontal disease, the major cause of tooth loss in adults. Until now, that meant surgery and sutures. But today, our office offers LANAP®. You can feel confident knowing Drs Gallardo and Lamas continue to have world-class technology and care.
Before Treatment of LANAP
After Treatment of LANAP
Why is Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure better for the treatment of gum disease?
- LANAP® is easy- there’s no cutting and no suturing.
- There’s much less discomfort with than with standard surgery — during and after the LANAP® procedure.
- It takes less time than traditional surgery. It could take as little as one treatment visit to our office and two follow up visits. Traditional surgery could require four sessions of about one hour each, with subsequent visits for suture removal and additional check-ups.
- LANAP® gives comparable and in some cases better results than traditional surgery.
- We will probably recommend a soft diet for a day or two, and common sense should prevail, but in most cases, patients feel good enough to eat anything they want right after the procedure.
- Following traditional surgery, recovery can take between to 2-4 weeks during which patients can experience considerable pain and swelling, where they may be restricted to liquid or soft diets.
- There’s less than 24 hour recovery period, so you won’t lose time from work.
- LANAP® is safe for patients with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.
- Patients with advanced periodontal disease who take Bisphosphonates medication such as Fosamax can delay or avoid having extractions because even teeth with a poor prognosis can benefit from this life-changing procedure.
Dark gums pigmentation removal using Laser therapy
The LANAP® Process can be summarized down into seven simple steps.
- A periodontal probe identifies excessive pocket depths.
- The initial pass with the laser removes bacteria and diseased tissue.
- Special ultrasonic instruments remove root surface tartar that was loosened by the initial laser pass.
- A second pass of the laser causes blood clot stimulation in the pocket to keep the epithelium from growing back into those areas.
- Reattachment of soft tissue and bone to the clean root surfaces is initiated.
- The patient’s bite is adjusted to eliminate bite trauma.
- New connective tissue attachment and bone growth occur.
If you’re facing surgery for periodontal disease, call 305.447.1447 for more information about LANAP®
Click here to learn more about the LANAP procedure