When we have healthy teeth we are more inclined to smile. The ability to smile may not seem important, but it has a strong influence on our quality of life and our relationships with others. The following reasons are why we should add a few smiles to our lives:
- We are drawn to people who smile. We are drawn to them. Frowns, scowls and grimaces all push people away, but smiles draw them in.
- Smiling changes our mood. Our facial expressions have a direct influence on our emotions. Smiling can trick the body into helping you change your mood.
- Smiling is contagious. When someone is smiling they change the moods of others and make things happier. A group of smiling people creates a more positive environment.
- Smiling relieves stress. Stress is very visible on our faces. Smiling helps to prevent us from looking tired, worn down, and overwhelmed. Smile whenever you are stressed and you will feel better.
- Smiling is the ultimate anti-aging remedy. The muscles we use to smile lift the face, making a person appear younger. Before you consider Botox or a facelift, consider smiling more often.
- Smiling keeps you positive and optimistic. How can you possibly have a negative thought with a smile on your face?
Many people are uncomfortable smiling because they are self-conscious about their teeth and gums. Have you ever noticed someone who covers his or her mouth every time he or she smiles? No one should feel embarrassed to laugh or smile in front of others. There is a solution for almost all cosmetic problems relating to the teeth and gums. The periodontists at Gallardo and Lamas Periodontics and Implant Surgery of Miami, Florida, are available for a consultation. Contact them today at 305-447-1447.This is the first step in getting your perfect smile.